Should you include pets in your Houston Family Portrait Photography session?
It’s a great idea to include pets in your Houston Family Portrait Photography session! As family members, pets should be included in your family portraits. Here are a few reasons to include the family dog(s) in your family portrait.
Pros and cons of including your pet in your Houston Family Portrait Photography session
Incorporating pets into your Houston family portrait photography session is up to you. Neither option is without its advantages or disadvantages. Pets are a great addition to Houston family portraits for the following reasons:
- Adding pets to your photos can add a sense of warmth and love.
- You can add more personality and uniqueness to your photos with them.
- You can use them to capture the bond between you and your family.
Pets may not be suitable for Houston family portrait sessions for the following reasons:
- It is possible for pets to be unpredictable and may not cooperate with the photographer.
- In spite of their importance, they can distract from the focus of the photographs, which is your family.
- It may be difficult to get everyone in the family pictured at the same time.
The decision is your whether to include pets in your Houston family portrait photography session
It is ultimately up to you whether to include pets in your Houston family portrait session. If you have a well-behaved pet you think would enhance your photos, you should include him/her! Be prepared for the possibility that they may not cooperate perfectly. These tips will help you take great photos of your dog in your family portrait session;
- You should bring treats and toys that will keep your dog entertained.
- Your dog will feel more comfortable in a familiar location.
- It may be helpful to have someone with you who can assist with handling your pet during portraits that don’t include your pet, as well as when your pet needs to go outside to relieve itself.
- If your pet isn’t cooperating, be patient and understanding.
Adding your pet to your Houston family portrait session can be easy with a little planning.
Looking for a pet friendly family photographer in Houston, Texas?
All of these photographers have experience working with pets and know how to capture great photographs of families with their pets. Also, all of them serve the Houston, Texas area, so you won’t have to travel far for your photographs.