How Do I Know If A The Woodlands, Texas Mini Family Photography Session Is Right for Me?
If you live in The Woodlands, Texas and love family photos, you’ve probably heard about mini sessions. Despite the fact that many photographers don’t offer them because they don’t align with their brand and goals there are a lot of photographers who love them. Business and client-wise, mini family photo sessions can be awesome, but they’re not for everyone. Think about these things when deciding whether a mini session is right for you.
When you book a mini family session in The Woodlands Texas, you’re are probably just looking for just a few good photos of your family. Mini sessions aren’t the best choice if you have a very specific shot list in mind. There’s not much time to check off all your shots and outfit changes you may want, since your spot goes by pretty fast.
- If you just want a few good photos, have a short wish list of wants, and are willing to go with the flow of a fast, less predictable session, a mini family session might be right for you.
- It might not be right for you if you want a longer, more specific set of shots and don’t feel comfortable with the unpredictability of a shorter shoot.
How would you describe your kids’ personalities?
There will always be children who just don’t warm up in a mini session, despite the best efforts of family photographers. There’s also going to be high energy kids who won’t sit still no matter what.
- If you’re ok with your kids being themselves, whether they’re smiling (or not), climbing, jumping, or everything in between, a family mini photography session might be right for you. You’ve got outgoing, cooperative kids who’ll listen well during our brief time together.
- You might not want a mini family session if you want more time to take the exact photos you want, or if you have a difficult or high energy kid (I have one!) and don’t think you can get the shots you want in a short time. This is one great advantage of a full session! We have time to burn off that energy and capture some amazing moments.
How much are you willing to spend?
If you’re on a budget, a mini session is perfect. If you love a photographer but he or she is out of your price range, a mini session is a great way to get photos.
ARE YOU FLEXIBLE?
Mini photo sessions are usually stacked, so punctuality is key. If you’re always late, a mini session might be a big stressor. Family photographers usually can’t make up for lost time because someone else’s spot is right after yours. If you’re late or have less shoot time than the typical 15 minutes, you lose your spot.
- Having a mini session might be right for you if you’re super punctual and can get you and your family out the door before it starts.
- If you’re honest with yourself, you might not be able to honor a specific time slot, or if your kids have stricter schedules that you feel uncomfortable deviating from a mini session may not be right for your family!
When choosing a mini session versus a full session, there are so many things to consider, and hopefully these points gave you some ideas!
About The Author: